Friday, October 03, 2008

It's pretty difficult to find me in the office this week.
I have changed from a full time IA student to a 'freelance' IA student.
Spent avg. 4-5 hrs/day in office.
I'm granted official off/leave for the rest of the day from my sup.
Well, this week corrosion calculations had been done and it's a break for me. =)

Went to shipyard doing inspection. This time I entered confined space.
Initially I thought it was juz a simple task to me.
But when I saw the entrance, I had second thought.
I feel like backing out. I felt the fear. I couldnt see anything down from the hole.
But I didnt want to miss out a good chance to get into confined space as a student.

No harness. The confined space couldnt allow us to wear as it greatly obstruct our movements down 30 m in the tank.
I was told to be really extremely careful on the way down.


The stairs..extremely steep and I held on to the railing very tight for every step I took.

Saw the stairs?
Taken from below

Seriously, I didnt know what was running in my mind on the way down. It seems to be a v long and tough journey down to see the stupid heater which has corrosion issue.
I almost lost my life climbing up the confined space.
To many junk things on the outside.
I accidentally lost my grip on the railing.
Thank god, I was quick enough to held on to some other thing.
My knee got some bruises.
Climbing up that steep stairs cause my knee to hit the stairs upteem times.
Anyway it's over and I'm safe.
Had my first ever lunch on the ship.
Oh yes, the cafeteria is done.
Plenty of nice food by a french chef.
Buffet style. Whatever food you name, they have on the ship.
Western food, salad, fruits, ice cream, juices etc etc etc.
The accomodation rooms are almost ready.
I requested a stay for a night on the ship.
The request is under process.
Wanna experience the feeling of staying onboard.
Accomodation rooms

Ship office

Look out the window!

I was granted early leaving again today.
V tiring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home