Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yes, I have said upteem times about how much I love Prosafe

And I still do now. =)

I nv regretted my decision. The last min decision not to opt for Exxon Mobile for IA and instead, chose Prosafe. Well, exxon maybe, or rather is paying much higher than my current allowance but I think I'm really happy to make the right decision to be here; without going through interview and got myself in here, without worrying about company allocation results during the waiting period; etc.

Things were abit tough for me initially, trying to adapt what an engineer is doing in real life. But I was glad I managed to survive through the toughest period and yes, I'm still suriving well now. I gained the most fruitful experience that not many people are able to get. I have nice supervisor. Very nice.

I went to the shipyard yesterday again. It was a tiring one. Boarding 2 vessels strained my energy away totally. Imagine a ship's length is 330m and we walked from 10am-2pm yesterday, climbing up and down, walking down to pump room where it is dark, smelly, hot and dangerous. The stairs are steep, path is uneven. I practically wished I die there yesterday because the condition is just 'not-meant-for-human' to work. But it was my suggestion to go there since I've nv seen a pump room in a ship before. I suggested gg to the confined space( ballast tanks) earlier which I regret after gg into the pump room. I was told the condition is worse than pump room. Thank god they couldnt find harness last min cos I'm juz too tired to climb the monkey ladder down anymore. But I'll still go one day...
This is the gangway to board the ship...


I love this ship in particular. It's consider a small ship but it's BLUE in colour. =)

Dusty, Smelly, Hot

This is the pump room I'm talking about.



Anyway did u guys read the news few days ago, one of the ship in keppel on fire? Yes, it belongs to my company. The one I usually board. Damn lucky I wasnt there that day. Phew.

There, this ship..


Yes, my IA is a dangerous one. I have only posted the nice pic but boarding a vessel is indeed dangerous. The way we climb here and there, inaccessible areas are really inaccessible at all.
This is consider 'accessible' cos U juz need to squat and walk thru it.

I was taught 'there is no superman when you are at the shipyard' which means no rushing to anywhere. Things can wait. In fact, being in Prosafe made me learn to settle down, more serious and professional at work.

Was granted last min '2 hrs leave' yesterday after returning back to office and shifting workplace. Guess it's cos they witnessed the energy in me depleting. I didnt have slightest energy to open a bottle and to open the door of a car. Hence when my supervisor told me that I can go home, I have nv been so happy before. I questioned him again for the privilege and he assured me no one will know as the company's juz too BIG. hohoho.

Ya, I speed home. Took a shower and had a great 1.5 hr nap. My parents were mumbling that I muz have fought lost to cold and that's why I'm at home sleeping.

.....................................

I slept early last night too. Too tired.
But I was so happy about it.

Time to get busy in company again.
3 weeks assignment.
I was told to implement a material selection list for all the process systems.
Which means I get to decide which matetial to use based on information and judgement.=)

I'm bz again. Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home