It's juz the 2nd day and I got real tired.
The environment is good, people are nice. Open concept. One decide what time to start and end work. But everyone is very 'auto'. Anyway I am the only lady there in my section. Let's forget about talking department. My engineering department is whole level, one level of department full of engineers.It's too big to mention. My CE (corrosion engineer) is very willing to teach me alot of things. He even asked me to buy a hard disk so that he can pass me relevant informations he found over the years. But I sense the stress level of an engineer. He asked me to prepare specification paper today as he said it's the most practical way of me learning a corrosion engineer job. The very first and basic thing is to write a specification/generic paper, which will last me for weeks. Gosh, I need to look for information myself and not forgetting a case study he want me to focus.
Yes, in shortly 2 days, i got so many things. Not forgetting my safety induction course and test this coming thurs at keppel tuas where I have to pass the test so that I am issued a pass to go to shipyard in few weeks time. There will be another office safety induction course next week. From 3rd week onwards, I will be attending meetings on weekly basis with CE.
I was lucky that Eric, a EEE student from NTU is having his IO there. He is the one who helps me to familarise with the surrounding. My lunch partner too but leaving in 8 days( he keep counting everyday). A cheeky fellow but nice enough to tell me what i should do. Though it's sad that he is leaving very soon but i cant help to be happy cos I will be offically taking over his desk, computer, phone drawers and a name tag on my desk telling people that 'Hey..Lee Theng's seat ok!'
I always thought I learn alot from poly IA now i realised I learnt too little. This time round, this IA will be stressful as my CE is going to let me experience 6 months of engineer life.
Yea...I should face the real working life now.
Pray hard for me ya.
God bless.

<< Home